Skip to main content

Dummy poster prints printed.... Finally!

900px wide


PICT0237_zps5052b571



I remember a university lecture debating whether digital art is real art and the whole contemporary format being an acceptable one, according to the lecturer "digital art isn't art if it doesn't exists in the real world, the physical world". I’m mostly a digital artist these days but I have to say coming from an art school background I had to agree. From my own experience and exposure within the traditional art and gallery exhibition scene I can say there definitely is a biased when it comes to accepting digital forms of art on the same plateau as traditional methods such as an oil painting next to a digital one, ignorance is part of the problem. I personally believe if you put your heart and soul into honestly expressing yourself bringing to life something original from scratch then it should be appreciated as a legitimate form. Now my non existent digital painting exists and it's a thing of beauty let me tell you. Heart and Soul.

The poster art was created for a short film called Dummy, as part of the Odeon Short Film Competition which won the Best Poster Entry 2009. The pieces above were re-worked in 2010 and printed in 2012...Finally!

'Dummy' poster art Deviant Art Gallery.
'Dummy' poster art Facebook Gallery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autographed art & meeting Bruce Lee's widow Linda Lee Cadwell.

So a couple of years ago I met Bruce Lee's widow Linda Lee Cadwell. This was a huge deal for me as Bruce Lee has been my idol since forever! So, naturally I brought along a piece of Bruce Lee inspired work for her to admire and sign. The poster is part of a graduate installation piece. Click the title above for a video link . Linda Lee Cadwell and her daughter Shannon Lee sign my poster! Click on the image for a deviantART link.  Me on the right, my brother Titus on the left and Linda Lee Cadwell. Taken at Seni08 Martial Arts Event, Docklands, Excel.

'God Help the Girl' poster design WIP part 1.

Im currently working on a film poster design for a musical indie flick called God Help The Girl from Metrodome distribution due for release in 2014. The film stars Emily Browning (Suckerpunch) Hannah Murray (Game of Thrones) and Olly Alexander (lead singer of the British band Years and Years) and director Stuart Murdoch's debut film. The lineart features the main three characters from the film which I hope you will like. For more info about God Help The Girl visit the website  http://www.godhelpthegirl.com/ Olly Alexander as James. Hannah Murray as Cass. Emily Browning as Eve.

Moon Rats... They're here! T-shirts, hoodies and vests from outer space on Redbubble

After a brief conversation with my friend Jason Ng, who told me about his new designer clothing brand  u9ly Avenue  I told him about these designs and how I thought they would make cool T-shirts. I used the assets from a project I did with London Bus-Tops over the London 2012 Olympic Games, check out the  Behance project  I'm hoping we'll be able to work together in the future. The designs are now available to buy on my  Redbubble  &  Society6  stores Yuyanda's Blog of Art and Design, Animation and Illustration. 2020. All Rights Reserved.